Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dreamy.

A few days ago, I sat down to make my list of resolutions for 2011.

I know. You did, too.

My list looked unlike any list of resolutions I’d ever made before. It was a much bolder, deeper list than my usual ones like “lose weight” or “manage time better”.  Not that those are bad...but the words staring back at me on my list not only shocked me about me, but will likely cause people to think I'm out of my mind for even daring to consider.

And then I realized:

I had forgotten how to dream for a while.

Has that ever happened to you?

Sometimes life is hard and discouragement snuffs out our dreams.

Sometimes wounds are untended and pain blinds us from our dreams.

Sometimes our lack of boundaries suffocates our dreams.

Sometimes, we give our dreams a funeral and bury them.

I did.

2010 was a year of breaking through some deep pain and finding joy, as I shared with you in some pretty heavy posts.

2011 is beyond the breakthrough.

So what’s on the other side of the breakthrough? An unyielding desire, passion, and ability to dream again. It’s like seeing the sunrise for the very first time.

Dreams are beautiful.

I have personally declared that this year, 2011, is the year that my dreams are

made,

celebrated,

pursued,

and . . . God-willing . . . realized.

Big ones. Because I refuse to dream small.

And those longtime dreams that died for a while? Jesus raises the dead.

Because those once-dead dreams are alive and smiling back at me on my resolution dream list.

I’ll be sharing some of my dreams with you along the way. I hope you’ll share yours with me, too.

No comments: